Real life took over for a bit there, but I am back on track. I finished the third test figure soon after the last post and gang painted four Vanguard recently. Pretty soon, we can play Sedition Wars with painted forces. Err, painted Vanguard forces.
For this new batch, I made a wash from the paint I was using, with a little black and dark blue ink, medium and water. Perhaps it was not as dark as I would have liked, but it was better. Instead of using a drybrushing-like technique to add the highlight, where the shape of figure governed which parts were painted, I actually painted the highlight colours on deliberately. No blending though, and that showed up in the pictures. I also tried metallic guns. I intended them to be darker; there are 3 shades of metallic paint and I was heavier with the lighter shades than expected. I don’t like them and might paint over them. Thanks to Althai for some advice.
There is a little OSL from the floor lights and the energy source for the guns. I’m not sure I have that right yet. Ditto the rust and blood on the bases. Anyway, progress has been made and instead of a few test figures, I have the beginnings of a force.
Yes, eyes! First eyes in a long, long time. Next up, some Strain!